A HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filter is a mechanical air filter that forces air through a fine mesh that traps small particles. The most common particles are dander, pollen, dust mites, smoke, carpet fibers and hyphae of mold. This gives you an idea of how fine the mesh is. HEPA filters do need to be replaced once in a while because they can become so saturated with debris that they stop working. Nonetheless, HEPA filters are known for adequately cleaning the air, which is why they are even in vacuum cleaners. The following are some of the pros and cons of best HEPA air purifier for mold.
The best HEPA air purifier for mold
- Honeywell HPA300 receives great reviews with its up to 465 square foot capacity,
- ability to capture certain germs,
- Honeywell is actually the #1 brand allergists recommend,
- the air is circulated up to five times per hour with three cleaning levels,
- some individuals state that this air filter removes dust and pollen better than other allegergens.
- the best HEPA filter air purifier with its PlasmaWave technology,
- Long Life True HEPA filter, capturing allergens as small as .3 microns,
- PlasmaWave technology that neutralizes viruses and bacteria,
- the Smart Sensor that automatically adjusts the cleaner settings to the environment,
- odor control,
- the system is Energy Star Qualified,
- one of the best HEPA air purifier for mold on the market.
- the main con is that it has to be placed 2 feet from the wall.
- uses famous Arm & Hammer enhanced filter to eliminate odors,
- has filter monitors to alert you to when the filter needs changed,
- four speeds with digital display, can clean rooms up to 256 square feet,
- timer that allows the purifier to run for up to 16 hours.
- the filters may need to be replaced regularly.
- it is ideal to keep a clean HEPA filter in your air purifier, so the Blueair 503 HepaSilent Air-Purification System has a timer that helps you keep track of filter changes,
- 5 air changes per hour to appropriately accommodate the different types of pollutants in the air,
- SourroundAirTM technology gives it an intake that is six times larger than the average air purifier,
- ideal for accommodate up to 580 square feet.
Alen BreatheSmart FIT50
- lifetime warranty is a testament to its longevity,
- meshes well with most décor because you have six designer colors to choose from,
- system runs quietly thanks to its WhisperMax technology,
- the smart sensors automatically adjust to a changing environment and the filter options are customizable so you can easily meet your needs,
- Energy Star Qualified,
- accommodate a room of up to 800 square feet.