There are many air purifiers for dust on the market, but no two are the same. The cost of best air purifier for dust mites is going to start at approximately $110 and increase from there based off of the features. Some of the common features of the highest rated air purifiers include are: a HEPA filter that removes 99.97% of the most common indoor pollutants, multiple speeds, various sizes, manufacturer’s warranty and power comsumption.
The best air purifier for dust mites on the market:
- handle a room up to 390 square feet,
- recommended air purifiers that doctors list to their patients.
- high power consumption and noise (but people say they breathe easier despite these two things).
Winix PlasmaWave 5300
- the best air purifier for dust mites on the market for the $150 to $200 price point,
- the three-stage unit, which removes odors and pollutants,
- designed for rooms up to 350 square feet,
- Energy Star approved unit reduces your carbon footprint.
- can be somewhat noisy.
- the Holmes True HEPA Allergen Remover and Air Cleaner Plus is ideal for large rooms (up to 340 square feet),
- considered by users to be the best air purifier for dust mites (removes 99.97% of allergens),
- utilizes famous Arm & Hammer enhanced filter that eliminates odors.
- the main complaint is the “chime” sound during startup and shutdown.
Choose the best air purifier for your needs
Do you need an air purifier for a large or small room?
Air purifier reviews show that the maximum square footage of the best air purifier for you is most likely going to be accurate. Getting the size you need and not overdoing it will also save you money. Those designed for large rooms tend to easily accommodate 300 square feet or more and a common recommendation is to place the air purifier in the center of the room or as close to the center as you can get.
If you are opting for the best single room air purifier, a portable air purifier is ideal so you can move it from room-to-room if you need to. It is recommended that you place the purifier in the room that you use the most. For many individuals, this is the bedroom (read also Best Quiet HEPA Air Purifier for Bedroom).
The following are top rated home air purifiers so you can identify the perfect air purifier for large and small room use that could work for you:
Best air purifier for dust mites for large room
- the Oreck AirInstinct HEPA Large Room Air Purifier is designed for accommodates up to 248 square feet,
- 3 year HEPA filter that captures 99.97% of pollutants as small as .3 microns,
- AirInstinct checks particle levels so it knows when to turn on
- there are five speeds levels.
- the main con is that there is no ionizer,
- not ideal for removing cigarette smoke.
- it is ideal to keep a clean HEPA filter in your air purifier, so the Blueair 503 HepaSilent Air-Purification System has a timer that helps you keep track of filter changes,
- 5 air changes per hour to appropriately accommodate the different types of pollutants in the air,
- SourroundAirTM technology gives it an intake that is six times larger than the average air purifier,
- ideal for accommodate up to 580 square feet.
Alen BreatheSmart FIT50
- lifetime warranty is a testament to its longevity,
- meshes well with most décor because you have six designer colors to choose from,
- system runs quietly thanks to its WhisperMax technology,
- the smart sensors automatically adjust to a changing environment and the filter options are customizable so you can easily meet your needs,
- Energy Star Qualified,
- accommodate a room of up to 800 square feet.
Best air purifier for dust mites for small room
- desktop air purifier ideal for office environment,
- has an ionizer that freshens the air,
- Odor-Lock technology and antimicrobial treatment,
- dual positions for tight spaces,
- reminder to check the filter.
- blowing fan sound when the motor is on high.
- steel compact round HEPA air cleaner is considered one of the best air purifier for dust mites that can accommodate up to 150 square feet,
- able to remove particles as small as .03 microns,
- ideal for the removal of smoke, pollen, dust, carpet fibers, dander and lint,
- the filter that lasts 2 to 5 years can also remove odors and VOCs from the air.
- two-stage filtration eliminates odors and collects dust,
- you can also adjust the speed control so you can find a setting that is right for you,
- best compact air purifier for its approximate $129 cost,
- slim design is ideal for individuals looking for an air purifier that they can set on the floor of a room of up to 180 square feet and still get an excellent clean.
- the medium and high fan settings may produce some noise.
Are you looking for filterless or permanent filter air purifier?
Airfree Onix 3000
- filterless air purifier that runs completely silent,
- requires no maintenance,
- consumes very little energy,
- is portable.
- while some love its aesthetics, some don’t.
- no costly filter to replace,
- Ozone Power technology and carbon filtration to freshen the air,
- kills germs, bacteria and microorganisms through UVGI technology.
- because of the production of ozone, you may wish to limit use.
- a tower air purifier that runs very quietly in rooms of up to 186 square feet,
- great home air purifier with washable filter, making maintenance quite easy,
- electronic indicator that lets you know when the filter needs cleaned.
UV light, ionic and carbon filter – air even cleaner
Aside from HEPA, there are three types of filter technology: UV light, ionic and carbon filter. UV light eliminates airborne pathogens by killing them as they pass through the filter. Ionic filtering uses oxygen to create an electromagnetic charge that bonds with particles, making them easier to capture. Carbon filters capture particles, but the absorbency of carbon also absorbs odors. The following are the best air purifier for dust mites utilizing these three technologies.
Top rated air purifiers with UV light technology
- best air purifier for dust and allergies with UV light technology,
- activated carbon to kill mold spores, viruses and bacteria,
- ideal for those with pets,
- recommended by allergy and immunology doctors,
- this system accommodates small and medium size rooms.
- it is possible that the unit may get noisier over time.
Surround Air XJ-3800
- utilizes six leading technologies: activated carbon, a HEPA filter, germicidal UV lamp, electronic dust collection grid, pre filter, and ionizer,
- energy sensor reduces power usage,
- replacement UV lamp and filter are cost-effective.
- the seven step filtration is great, but it can slow the output because of the number of filters the air has to move through.
Envion Therapure TPP240
- permanent HEPA-type filter removes dust mites, allergens, cigarette smoke, pollen, mold spores, hair, danger and odors,
- this air purifier utilizes a UV germicidal light and it revitalizes the air.
- air purifier with ionizer and can be a little noisy when on the high setting.
Recommended air purifiers with ionic technology
- one of the best air purifier for dust and allergies with ionic technology,
- the Real Wood 5 Stage Purification system utilizes HEPA, Odor Carbon and ion technology,
- the fan speed is adjustable (5 speed levels).
- cleaning rooms of up to 250 square feet,
- has two speeds that clear odors, dust and pollen,
- user-friendly through one-touch operation,
- no need to replace a filter.
- outfitted with a permanent True HEPA that removes particles as small as .03 microns,
- quiet air purifier that has a programmable timer,
- dual positions, 5 clean settings, an optional ionizer,
- indicator that tells you when the filter needs to be changed.
- for those that are light sensitive, the blue light may be quite bright.
Best air cleaners with carbon filter
- a plasmacluster air purifier that utilizes PlasmaWave Technology,
- uses a Long Life True HEPA,
- Energy Star Qualified,
- uses a Smart Sensor to adjust the air cleaning settings to meet environmental needs.
- this model is slightly more expensive than its predecessor.
- according to many users the best air purifier for dust mites,
- accommodates up to 310 square feet,
- highly recommended by allergists,
- circulates room air 5 times per hour, easy to operate,
- utilizes activated carbon to eliminate odors.
- there is no air quality sensor with this model.
- whisper-quiet air purifier is great for home or office,
- odor detector that adjusts the fan speed to clean the air in an energy efficient way.
- some complain about the price but recommended as one of the best air purifier for dust mites.